Pediatric Weight loss
The rise of childhood obesity has placed the health of an entire generation at risk.
Childhood obesity is particularly troubling because the extra pounds often start children on the path to health problems that were once confined to adults, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Childhood obesity can also lead to poor self-esteem and depression.
Immediate health effects:
- Obese youth are more likely to have risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure. In a population-based sample of 5- to 17-year-olds, 70% of obese youth had at least one risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Obese adolescents are more likely to have prediabetes, a condition in which blood glucose levels indicate a high risk for development of diabetes.
- Children and adolescents who are obese are at greater risk for bone and joint problems, sleep apnea, and social and psychological problems such as stigmatization and poor self-esteem.
Long-term health effects:
- Children and adolescents who are obese are likely to be obese as adults and are therefore more at risk for adult health problems such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, several types of cancer, and osteoarthritis.6 One study showed that children who became obese as early as age 2 were more likely to be obese as adults.
- Overweight and obesity are associated with increased risk for many types of cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, endometrium, esophagus, kidney, pancreas, gall bladder, thyroid, ovary, cervix, and prostate, as well as multiple myeloma and Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Health Tips from Dr. Kurani
How to live a healthy lifestyle?
Health is a big and many-sided area of human life. I think that among all questions related to the human’s body, the health must overcome all other aspects and become the main reference point for finding the answers. Here are some simple advises, which will help you to save your health, and to stay healthy you should follow them.
- Laugh and have fun. Don’t be gloomy.
- Early to bed, early to rise, is healthy & wise.
- Keep Working, doing something you like.
- East less sugar, Eat more fatty fish
- Get moving, Exercise.
I believe that health is very important for you. It is really easy to destroy it, but then it is very hard, and sometimes even impossible, to rebuild it. So, that will be wise to take care about your health today and make the change.